Has anyone seen the new Facebook “2012: Your year in review”? It’s actually really cool!
It brings out the most influential parts of your year with pictures, posts and status updates.
Instead of showing you my year, I thought it’d be nice to offer you something I love to do each year after Christmas.
My sister, Emily, showed it to me 3 years ago after I moved to Boston. It was 2009 and I had had quite an eventful year. From graduating college to being unemployed to working at a bar to randomly dating. I felt like my whole world had been flipped upside down and I had become an adult. I missed my college friends, it rained that whole summer, I was in a new city and lived with Emily! I felt like I had a lot to reflect on. So she gave me a blank document. It had 40 questions on it all pertaining to the past year. From most influential song to what countries did you visit, each question allowed me to reflect on all that had happened in the past 12 months.
I am now completing my 4th review. I find it fascinating to read about those years. What I thought was important, what I valued.
So if you don’t have FB or simply want to start your own tradition, take a few minutes to fill out your year in review.
Next year will be different and you’ll be faced with new challenges. You’ll meet more people and have exciting relationships. You’ll try different foods and travel new places. You’ll make goals, work hard and complete them.
You’ll also want to remember old memories. See how far you’ve come and how much you’ve grown.
So you’ll be happy you wrote it all down and saved it.
Your little time capsule from 2012.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you…
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. How will you spend New Year’s Eve?
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
40. Quote a song lyric/movie/tv quote that sums up your year:
Enjoy and I hope you have a very happy, healthy and safe New Years 🙂