For the past 4 years I have spent a few moments on NYE filling out this questionnaire.
I find it’s a great way to reflect on what has happened over the 12 months and also think about what I want to accomplish in the coming year.
I’ll be really honest here, sometimes the answers are awful … sometimes they make me cry. But always, and I mean always, am happy I completed it.
Because for me looking back at the year that was is more about lessons learned than regrets. It’s more about positives than negatives. And while those slumps and road bumps certainly occurred throughout my 2014, I am choosing to not let them surface.
Way too many amazing things happened this year. What about you?
Fill out this for yourself. Save it on your computer. Always have a piece of 2014 to hold onto.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you…
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. How will you spend New Year’s Eve?
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
40. Quote a song lyric/movie/tv quote that sums up your year:
Happy 2014 TTTers, can’t wait to see what 2015 brings 🙂