On January 7th I found myself starting my 3rd Advocare 24 Day Challenge.
My goals: Improve my stomach issues, understand was was irritating my GI, gain more energy and well, drop some unnecessary sugar-saturated lb. that I had put on during the holidays.
Back story: I started using Advocare products one year ago. I wanted to switch up the way I was fueling my body and needed a swift kick in the butt to do so. I mean, listen up, I teach a lot of fitness classes a week, the notion of having a cookie (or five) after motivating a room of sweaty people seemed to me like a reward.
And heck, my mindset was that I was burning off all these calories, what does it matter?
Well, it matters … it matters a lot.
I buckled down last January and ended up having incredible results. I’m talking amazing. I could fit into jeans that used to be tight. I had a TON of natural energy — sorry, coffee. And lastly, and in my opinion most importantly, I felt truly confident teaching in front of my classes.
So what changed this year? I had more fun with the challenge! I was able to recruit some friends to join me on the 24 day excursion — which made saying ‘no’ to wine, chocolate and cheese that much more doable.
But I also became more creative this time around. I cooked more hot meals, I experimented with different ingredients and I ‘treated myself’ to a fantastic food delivery service that drops off perfectly portioned vegan-friendly meals at your doorstep. Thank you Purple Carrot 🙂
My results: Now, for the juicy stuff.
While I don’t own a scale — ditched that bitch a while ago — I was basing my results off of a few factors: How my stomach felt (GI), how my clothes were fitting and of course, the before and after pictures. [Can’t believe I’m showing y’all this, but, here you go!]
So here’s the deal.
Throughout the 24 days my main focus was to improve my willpower and eliminate a few things I knew were causing my stomach some distress.
Coffee, dairy, alcohol and sugar.
In addition to the 24 day goodies you receive when you order, I was supplementing with Catalyst (amino acid supplement).
It’s only been a few days since the challenge ended — and don’t get me wrong with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl, there was quite a bit of indulging going on — I am back into a manageable routine for me.
And that’s why I love Advocare so much. It really allows you to supplement your diet and lifestyle with what works best for you … not a cookie cutter mold of what you ‘should’ be taking.
So, lastly, here’s what I’ve been using post-challenge … and loving!!
- Spark: Fruit Punch & Mango Strawberry (gahhhhhhh … I could drink this stuff all day, everyday)
- Catalyst: I take this before I teach or workout. As my blend Becky says, “This is lipo in a bottle.” … and she’s correct 🙂
- 02 Gold: I take this before I teach — helps my body through challenging cardio sets.
- OmegaPlex: Essential Omega-3 fatty acid supplement. Because, let’s be real, I don’t eat enough fish.
Other fun goodies I’ve tried and really enjoyed:
- ThermoPlus: helps more effectively use stored fat as energy
- Clear Mood: Just started using this, juries still out … will keep y’all posted.
- SLAM: Honestly, one of the best concentrated pre-workouts I’ve ever used. Energy for days without feeling jittery!
- Carb-Ease Plus: Pasta and beer anyone? Still testing the waters on this one …
- DigestEase: My stomach is notorious for making loud noises during digestion. This tames that inner beast. But, for real.
Feel free to ask me ANYTHING. Truly, that’s what I’m here for 🙂 Next challenge starts ASAP, so get those orders in if you’re interested!