The Results Are In [Photos]

On January 7th I found myself starting my 3rd Advocare 24 Day Challenge.

My goals: Improve my stomach issues, understand was was irritating my GI, gain more energy and well, drop some unnecessary sugar-saturated lb. that I had put on during the holidays.

Back story: I started using Advocare products one year ago. I wanted to switch up the way I was fueling my body and needed a swift kick in the butt to do so. I mean, listen up, I teach a lot of fitness classes a week, the notion of having a cookie (or five) after motivating a room of sweaty people seemed to me like a reward.

And heck, my mindset was that I was burning off all these calories, what does it matter?

Well, it matters … it matters a lot.

I buckled down last January and ended up having incredible results. I’m talking amazing. I could fit into jeans that used to be tight. I had a TON of natural energy — sorry, coffee. And lastly, and in my opinion most importantly, I felt truly confident teaching in front of my classes.

IMG_7354

So what changed this year? I had more fun with the challenge! I was able to recruit some friends to join me on the 24 day excursion — which made saying ‘no’ to wine, chocolate and cheese that much more doable.

But I also became more creative this time around. I cooked more hot meals, I experimented with different ingredients and I ‘treated myself’ to a fantastic food delivery service that drops off perfectly portioned vegan-friendly meals at your doorstep. Thank you Purple Carrot 🙂

My results: Now, for the juicy stuff.

While I don’t own a scale — ditched that bitch a while ago — I was basing my results off of a few factors: How my stomach felt (GI), how my clothes were fitting and of course, the before and after pictures. [Can’t believe I’m showing y’all this, but, here you go!]

AdvoFrontSo here’s the deal.

Throughout the 24 days my main focus was to improve my willpower and eliminate a few things I knew were causing my stomach some distress.

Coffee, dairy, alcohol and sugar.

In addition to the 24 day goodies you receive when you order, I was supplementing with Catalyst (amino acid supplement).

It’s only been a few days since the challenge ended — and don’t get me wrong with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl, there was quite a bit of indulging going on — I am back into a manageable routine for me.

And that’s why I love Advocare so much. It really allows you to supplement your diet and lifestyle with what works best for you … not a cookie cutter mold of what you ‘should’ be taking.

So, lastly, here’s what I’ve been using post-challenge … and loving!!

1. Spark: Fruit Punch & Mango Strawberry (gahhhhhhh … I could drink this stuff all day, everyday)
  2. Catalyst: I take this before I teach or workout. As my blend Becky says, “This is lipo in a bottle.” … and she’s correct 🙂
  3. 02 Gold: I take this before I teach — helps my body through challenging cardio sets.
  4. OmegaPlex: Essential Omega-3 fatty acid supplement. Because, let’s be real, I don’t eat enough fish.

Other fun goodies I’ve tried and really enjoyed:

• ThermoPlus: helps more effectively use stored fat as energy
  • Clear Mood: Just started using this, juries still out … will keep y’all posted.
  • SLAM: Honestly, one of the best concentrated pre-workouts I’ve ever used. Energy for days without feeling jittery!
  • Carb-Ease Plus: Pasta and beer anyone? Still testing the waters on this one …
  • DigestEase: My stomach is notorious for making loud noises during digestion. This tames that inner beast. But, for real.

Feel free to ask me ANYTHING. Truly, that’s what I’m here for 🙂 Next challenge starts ASAP, so get those orders in if you’re interested!

– TTT

33 thoughts on “The Results Are In [Photos]

1. Monique @ Burpees to Bubbly says:

you look great, girl! I just became an advocare distributor, too! I’m not planning on doing the challenge or really using many of the products (I try to stay away from supplements as much as possible, but I LOVE the catalyst and think it’s fantastic), but I’m excited to be part of the “team”. I’m going to be giving away some spark and slam on my blog later this week (I think)- although everyone raves about spark, i’m weary of caffeine as I don’t drink any these days and don’t feel like I really need it (and don’t want to become dependent on it). thoughts?

• Caroline Earle says:

I. Love. Spark!!! It effects me so differently than coffee. I never get jittery and just feel energized. I hear you on the caffeine though. I would keep it to 1 Spark a day or when you need a little something-something 🙂

2. christina says:

love this!!! i’m on whole30 so i’m totally high-fiving you for giving up booze and sugar too. i thought it was going to be hard but it’s actually more refreshing not to be hungover or tired! the only awkward part is social situations, but hey, most people are very understanding. especially this time of year when it seems everyone’s doing their own challenge to better themselves. congrats boo!

3. Becky @ Olives n Wine says:

Holy stomach, girlfriend! Scales can lie but the photos definitely do not. I miss CarbEase… While it definitely doesn’t make you lose inches even if you eat 5 pounds of pasta (LOL I WISH!), it does keep that icky, omg I ate too much junk yesterday and now I want to die feeling away 😉 I am also a big fan of Clear Mood – I think it took around 4 weeks to start working 100% but when I took it, I felt more in control and I wasn’t waking up in a panic every night, ha.

4. Cleaning Alljobspo says:

Just wanna comment on few general things, The website design and style is perfect, the subject matter is real excellent. “Drop the question what tomorrow may bring, and count as profit every day that fate allows you.” by Horace.

5. minecraft says:

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!

Cheers

6. minecraft says:

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site
    when you could be giving us something enlightening
    to read?

7. minecraft says:

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and
    I to find It really useful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to provide something again and help others like you aided me.

8. minecraft free download 2018 says:

I truly love your website.. Very nice colors & theme.
    Did you create this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m wanting to create my own personal blog and would love to find out where you
    got this from or what the theme is called. Many thanks!

9. tinder dating site says:

Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem together with your web site in web explorer, may test this?
    IE still is the marketplace chief and a good section of
    other folks will pass over your magnificent writing because of this problem.

10. Benefits of Coconut Oil says:

Greetings from Carolina! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to
    browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge
    you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my phone ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, wonderful
    blog!

11. Coconut Oil says:

Terrific post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more
    on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could
    elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!

12. Coconut Oil says:

I’m excited to uncover this site. I wanted to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!!
    I definitely appreciated every part of it and i also
    have you book-marked to see new information in your web site.

13. Quest Bars Cheap says:

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Cheers