On January 7th I found myself starting my 3rd Advocare 24 Day Challenge.
My goals: Improve my stomach issues, understand was was irritating my GI, gain more energy and well, drop some unnecessary sugar-saturated lb. that I had put on during the holidays.
Back story: I started using Advocare products one year ago. I wanted to switch up the way I was fueling my body and needed a swift kick in the butt to do so. I mean, listen up, I teach a lot of fitness classes a week, the notion of having a cookie (or five) after motivating a room of sweaty people seemed to me like a reward.
And heck, my mindset was that I was burning off all these calories, what does it matter?
Well, it matters … it matters a lot.
I buckled down last January and ended up having incredible results. I’m talking amazing. I could fit into jeans that used to be tight. I had a TON of natural energy — sorry, coffee. And lastly, and in my opinion most importantly, I felt truly confident teaching in front of my classes.
So what changed this year? I had more fun with the challenge! I was able to recruit some friends to join me on the 24 day excursion — which made saying ‘no’ to wine, chocolate and cheese that much more doable.
But I also became more creative this time around. I cooked more hot meals, I experimented with different ingredients and I ‘treated myself’ to a fantastic food delivery service that drops off perfectly portioned vegan-friendly meals at your doorstep. Thank you Purple Carrot
My results: Now, for the juicy stuff.
While I don’t own a scale — ditched that bitch a while ago — I was basing my results off of a few factors: How my stomach felt (GI), how my clothes were fitting and of course, the before and after pictures. [Can’t believe I’m showing y’all this, but, here you go!]
So here’s the deal.
Throughout the 24 days my main focus was to improve my willpower and eliminate a few things I knew were causing my stomach some distress.
Coffee, dairy, alcohol and sugar.
In addition to the 24 day goodies you receive when you order, I was supplementing with Catalyst (amino acid supplement).
It’s only been a few days since the challenge ended — and don’t get me wrong with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl, there was quite a bit of indulging going on — I am back into a manageable routine for me.
And that’s why I love Advocare so much. It really allows you to supplement your diet and lifestyle with what works best for you … not a cookie cutter mold of what you ‘should’ be taking.
So, lastly, here’s what I’ve been using post-challenge … and loving!!
- Spark: Fruit Punch & Mango Strawberry (gahhhhhhh … I could drink this stuff all day, everyday)
- Catalyst: I take this before I teach or workout. As my blend Becky says, “This is lipo in a bottle.” … and she’s correct
- 02 Gold: I take this before I teach — helps my body through challenging cardio sets.
- OmegaPlex: Essential Omega-3 fatty acid supplement. Because, let’s be real, I don’t eat enough fish.
Other fun goodies I’ve tried and really enjoyed:
- ThermoPlus: helps more effectively use stored fat as energy
- Clear Mood: Just started using this, juries still out … will keep y’all posted.
- SLAM: Honestly, one of the best concentrated pre-workouts I’ve ever used. Energy for days without feeling jittery!
- Carb-Ease Plus: Pasta and beer anyone? Still testing the waters on this one …
- DigestEase: My stomach is notorious for making loud noises during digestion. This tames that inner beast. But, for real.
Feel free to ask me ANYTHING. Truly, that’s what I’m here for Next challenge starts ASAP, so get those orders in if you’re interested!