Don’t worry. I did.
And now that my 29th is in the rear-view mirror, I got to thinking about creating a bucket list specifically designed to be accomplished before I hit the big 3-0.
I have to admit, this idea came from two sources — my mom, who put together a killer ’60 by 60′ list and accomplished to my knowledge all successfully, and Becki, an inspiring Boston blogger who I often see at fun fitness events in the Hub.
Before I get to my 30 ramblings, let me just tell you … this was a challenge. Try thinking of even 10 things you want to accomplish — within reason — and it’s a toughie. But I did it. And I have a year to complete.
So let’s get started.
- Travel somewhere solo.
- Do a triathlon
- Write one letter — snail mail, duh — to a friend each month. #RAK
- Grow a garden.
- Go skydiving.
- Donate to charity; friends running the marathon, volunteer time, etc.
- Run a 1/2 marathon. And PR.
- Take a road trip to somewhere I’ve never been.
- Get a new tattoo.
- Attend at least 3 concerts this year.
- Begin to write my book.
- Learn a language.
- Go hiking.
- Unplug for an entire day — I’m talking no phones/computers/TV for 24 hours.
- Learn how to drive a stick shift.
- Visit a brewery.
- Surprise my parents by taking them out to dinner.
- Stay at a B&B.
- Do 10 unassisted chin-ups.
- Go camping.
- Buy a coffee for the person in back of me in line.
- Deadlift over 200lbs. Again.
- Spend an entire day at the beach; sunrise to sunset.
- Do SUP yoga.
- Go zip lining.
- Try lobster (yes, my parents have a house in Maine. And no, I don’t remember ever trying it).
- Say ‘yes’ for an entire day.
- Pay off my credit card.
- Plant a tree.
- Start planning my 40 by 40 list
I’ll keep y’all posted as I start checking things off my list. Better get started …